April 22, 2004

coming up roses

i have a beautiful bouquet on my desk, with lilies, gerber daisies and other various and sundry flowerish things that make women's hearts go pitterpat. this one is from my boss for secretaries day, and i must admit, this is one perk for this position that i love. i also am rationing out the godiva truffles which should last until about the time he and my other bosses take me out to lunch.

there is something about flowers that makes me forget all other perceived ills. i have only good will toward my boss now. interesting how that works & how men, when in relationships, take advantage of it.

i wouldn't mind if some man took advantage of it for me about now.

but one smart woman yesterday in the national admin meeting said...if you want flowers, grow your own. which is precisely why i'm trying to decide if maybe i don't want that house after all instead of the condo....

No comments: