September 16, 2003

today's post: as if.

so forgive me if i make fun of some random guy online who is a brief example of many others I've seen. here again are some don'ts...

from the dating website...

"I'm a one-woman guy" -- RIIIIght. That's assumed and if you have to say so...you aren't. (Much like the "trust me" line.)

"...that keeps nothing hidden" -- BORing. Some things we don't want to know.

"I am proud" -- Now why would you say this? Pride comes before a fall according to Solomon, and isn't a quality to be proud of.

"I am single by choice" -- Hmmm. As opposed to what, coercion?

I'm better at family gatherings etc. than clubs because "I don't think I get as much out of it as I put into it." -- Which would be what exactly? And you are what, keeping score?

"Have elegant hand writing" -- Are you a real man? I mean if you have a job as a caligrapher fine, but everyone types now days. Is this a selling point?

Wants someone that "makes love with passion, always as if it were the first time" -- Ok, really now. How long have you dated someone at a stretch anyhow?

And yes, he's "wicked smart" -- This means he comes from Maine or is a member of the Wicked Good band.

Well, I don't mean to be really mean, which I probably am, but anyhow, I'm starting to wonder...is this guy really single by choice? Hmmm. What do you think.

No comments: