January 15, 2005

a few good men...

...have shown up in the last few days. I mean sweet guys who do nice things because it's the "right thing to do." Guys who call when they say they will, call out of the blue, seem to have no (obvious) agenda and are generally just nice guys.

This is a whole new concept for me. Growing up with a jerk of a dad, I tend to allow that. But I'm finding that when you set limits on behaviour for the guys who are around you, the jerks just kind of de-self-select themselves & go do something else with their jerkiness.

I'm hoping this is actually a fact, not just a coincidence. But it's so much easier to be sweet and kind to guys who are the same. I wonder now whyI was always yelling at guys. I thought it was just cuz I was a bitch. Maybe they just deserved it.

I'll let you know how my new lifestyle works out. So far, over the period of this week, it's making me very happy.

And when you can put "men" and "me" and "happy" together in one sentence (which I didn't, but hypothetically), it is quite a surprising concept -- and i believe could turn out to be quite rewarding.

maybe all the good men aren't married. maybe.

No comments: