January 14, 2008

leaving loser-land

ok, well, my saturday night date is whack. first of all, i show up looking pretty good (if evidenced by the guys at the train station smiling at me & looking as they walked by) & his face shows no reaction.

ok, no worries.

second, we get into a heated discussion about a movie (bond movies actually) or something & he points at me, finger 5 inches from my face & says "you are a BABY!" and then he says "and YES, i'm pointing right at YOU!" i tell him right off, that is rude, to point at people like that. and that i'm really surprised he called me a baby, that is inappropriate.

later on i came back to it again & said, i can't believe you did that. nobody has ever done that to me before. no apologies forthcoming.

third, he mentions having strong feelings for a co-worker.

fourth, i get in this a.m. to an e-mail from him, 3 paragraphs (long ones) long telling me that i'm uptight, edgy, and that i never smiled. references the baby comment as a flirtatious comment referencing my innocence and youth. (at 38.) never references finger in my face.

i ponder, and write back that i had a great time (which i did), but he is entitled to his impressions of me. and regarding insulting me and telling me he has strong feelings for a co-worker, i will make no apologies for any negative reaction i might have had to these things.

fifth, i now know why he is single, never married at 48.

sixth, as two-date diva said, i thank god i'm not married to him. or anyone so crass & clueless.

sigh. he was good-looking & smart though.

-----------------

so i've refined my list. the reason i'm still single is because i haven't found someone single, smart, sexy & NICE yet.

(revise. actually i have, he's just not ready to get married yet...)

anyhow, i digress amazing how hard that combination is to find!

i have no pithy, witty comments today. feel punched in stomach, still reeling from the wierdness of it all.

thank goodness i'm seeing single!

2 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

New first date rule, never tell your date that you have feelings for another woman. Holy cow! Sorry you wound up on a date with a dud, but at least it made for a very entertaining blog entry. ;)

Unknown said...

First of all, he wasn't good-looking and smart. There is a rule that guys seem to get but ladies don't. Once someone wrongs you, you have to see all their flaws. It makes everything ahead so much easier.

Now, about your list of requirements:

Single - That is very practical.

NICE - Usually this would be #1. But I think most people feel that everyone is nice on the inside, and that you just have to bring it out.

Smart - Well, you can't teach the type of smart you want, so definitely include that one.

Sexy - That is the point of the whole list in the first place. If it wasn't here, wouldn't a close friend be good enough?

Yep, I think you have a solid list going there. I don't think it is too daunting. Of course I am a guy and I may be a little bit more optimistic at times about my own gender.