June 14, 2009

nice vs. weak

i am having to let a "nice guy" go. because he is just annoying me. i mean really. i've thought more & talked to my mom about this, who interestingly enough, has recently had the same experience with a guy.

you wonder, why can't i like them! it would make so much sense to like them! but then - you don't.

i was pondering just now why women supposedly don't like nice guys. that's a myth actually. we do like nice guys.

the thing is, we don't like WEAK guys. and nice guys often don't want to offend us (even when we might need putting in our place) so they aren't even as strong as we are.

now here's the logic. if a guy can't even save me from myself, how will he protect me from anything else? yeah. that's it.

along that line i'm still trading texts with my cap. i sent him a drunk booty call text the other night & he was like i'm not going to drop everything with my friends & come over just cuz you want to...

which hurt my feelings. of course. but heck, it's not like i didn't see his point. why i continue to interact with him is a mystery but it proves my point. he's not nice sometimes, like i'd like him to be, but he's not mean either. he's just pointing out the obvious. and - he's not being weak. so even though i don't like his conclusion, i respect it.

so i guess it's all about r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

and i can't respect weak guys, nice or not.

No comments: