April 02, 2016

yes, i can feed myself, thank you!

i had an interesting experience lately with a guy that i thought would be next bf. i mean, other than being older than me, and having my dad's voice (owww), he seemed a good fit. we talked for hours. he was spontaneous. he traveled a lot. he was in the navy on a SUBMARINE. how cool is that. he was tall, good-looking & generous.

and then he started telling me how to eat.

what?

5 dates in, after the 4th one was spent in the (aforementioned) 5 hours of talking, he decided that, all of a sudden, he needed to tell me to eat before my food got cold. and bear in mind, this is food i didn't order or eat much of usually. and being a girl, i was TALKING about something Very Very Interesting To Me. so being interrupted to tell me to eat was a little like...

"yes dad."

which is what i actually said. yup. that's not sexy. sexy is

"YES DADDIE...give me more." which i never say. but some people think that is sexy.

anyhow.

so then i was to eat more, (no), just "half" of more (no).

the arrangements around how i should be doing things continued throughout the time we had together, and included a few more very-small-but-interesting actions that portrayed his belief he knew better than me how things should be done.

fast forward ...and i really had a hard time figuring this out. this guy seemed really cool. why was i so upset?

i will say it really all started with something other than the food thing, likely the fact that his eyes didn't light up when he saw me. so right there you have a definite "hmmm" on his part. which is def overcomeable with a shorter dress or something fun like that.

but the part where i'm not doing the right thing every second, especially that i don't know how to eat right just, um, sticks in my throat.

so, regrettably i had to tell the foodster, through my actions of not calling him again pretty much, that i could feed myself.

some days i really wish i didn't have to. but let's just say - when in a pinch...i can get the job done! (so says the extra 5 lbs i'm carrying...)

No comments: