March 02, 2008

bachlorettes, boyz & betrayal

i just returned from the oddest weekend ever.

bachelorette party in the city, for someone who i consider(ed) my best friend, but who is apparently leaving me off the bridesmaid list. in favor of girls who don't even show up to their own birthday parties when they know about them & try to scare boyz off that you are trying to pick up.

anyhow, clearly i missed the memo. which would have explained her distant behavior at the b-day party i helped her guy throw a couple days ago.

this is the same girl that two years ago cried and made a big scene with my new boyfriend because she was afraid she would lose my friendship. now the happier, more sexy & independent i feel, the less she wants to be around me. hmmm.

she's not wrong to not pick me, it's her wedding. if she doesn't want me around to show her up, why should i slink around in shame? nah, i'll hold my sexy head high. (might as well pick a reason that makes me feel better too, right?)

so now what? cross that wedding off my list? how does one get over that? yeah, you don't.

when i get married i will have no bridesmaids. i will just tell all my friends to wear the same color scheme & we'll all get in the picture together. i think bridesmaids is bullsh*t anyhow. but instead of fertilizing friends, the bridesmaid bullsh*t ruins them.

so on to the boyz.

i invited one boy on the trip, but he couldn't make it. boy #2 showed up drunk & we tactfully sent him on his way. the boy behind door three, a former co-worker, was hot and fun. and we got hot & had fun.

to cut to the end of this bizarre weekend, i found myself in front of the bus station & hopped on one. arrived home with no keys so i had to leave my car parked at the garage, & no badge for work, all stuff that was in my bag that i didn't care to retrieve from my "friends" after finding out how little i'm apparently liked.

my head is spinning.

8 comments:

Wendie said...

Is Green Card Mr. Blow off?

Violynist said...

nope...he's honest at least!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh man. I'm sorry about your fiend. One of my good friends got married six years ago. At the time, she only picked one of our group of four to be her bridesmaid. Turns out I think she ended up regretting not leaving out that one & choosing the two of us who were not in her birdal party: *we* were the ones that threw her chower & bachelorette party, *we* were the ones that showed up to help her stuff invitations, *we* were the ones that helped her run errands, set up for the reception & basically whatever else needed to be done the day of the wedding when she needed help. As we said good night to her at the end of her reception, she hugged us both & said she wished she knew then what she knew now, because she would have made some very different choices. That was the best "revenge" ever. I mean, we were happy to do whatever she needed because she is our friend, but hearing her say that took the sting out of not being picked.

Violynist said...

thank you so much for your comment. it's odd because the same thing is happening here. i'm the one that throws birthday parties for her when her other friends don't show up or leave early. i was trying to help her plan the bachelorette party (get a veil, pick locations). i was happy to help with the wedding, do photography, music, whatever. now on top of her not getting my help, she is feeling guilty, and probably is going to lose my friendship. i don't really envy her...her other friends let her down & she can have that i guess, just like you said sometimes happens.

Violynist said...

BTW, i love the fiend typo! lol.

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! Appropriate slip of the fingers? ;-) I noticed another typo too. I really need to proof my comments before I publish them. I hate when I leave typos uncorrected. =P

Violynist said...

i love freudian typos. life is stranger than fiction, might as well keep it that way...

Anonymous said...

Weddings are weird. I have no idea why people pick who they do, but your idea is a great one! You only need witnesses anyway and everyone hates the dresses so don't do it!

Try and remember that weddings do bring out the crazy in even the sanest people. There is a bridezilla in each of us. :)