March 20, 2008

the more things change, the more life gets better

well, i feel very successful.

2 of my exes - mr. busy & mr. possibility - are now returning my calls immediately, i mean calling back just b/c they saw i called. before they know what i want to say.

this is quite unusual, and means i've again earned their respect & ... anticipation! these two guys are the ones that i fell apart over, & they truly saw me at my weakest & relationship-worst. but, time heals all wounds & so does a new behavior pattern.

very happy.

i'm trying to make them both feel successful all the time. since they're very high achievers, i'm working on everything being great, you are the best baby. i'm also doing this with mr. ny. who was actually quite interactive yesterday, so maybe he actually was busy. maybe.

i haven't been good at making guys feel successful in the past. this is a recipe for disaster for most men, and definitely for very driven guys. since those seem to be my favorite kind, i guess i should be quite pleased that i'm finally able to change my behavior so it is now ... enticing.

my next goal is to keep up mystery. being a taurus i give that up way too soon. & since driven guys also like a challenge, i need to make a special effort to put that into the mix. sigh. that is SO hard for me. but since i like mystery so much in them, i guess, why not do it myself? i like mystery so much that i deliberately don't ask questions - because i like not knowing the answers. (that is, the ones other than, are you married?)

countdown to tomorrow, when i see mr. ny. i am crossing fingers that in the light of day, he loses all attraction & i say to self, self, he would make a great friend.

ha. wish me luck. ;)

----------------------

on the note of change, what have you ladies noticed that you have been able to change about how you relate to guys - & how is it working??

1 comment:

Wendie Tobin said...

In general, when I released expectations of others, it made things a whole lot easier. When I stopped wondering if this guy was going to be "the one" "the one" came along.