March 22, 2008

in praise of brevity

my new scanty nightgown (pictured in past blog) is just heavenly. now when it makes it through the laundromat super-duper-dryer it may be half the size, but then when i start my new brazilian-bikini-lifesyle (as opposed to diet) i might be too....

speaking of brevity.

mr. ny and i are right in synch. that is to say, we are both succinct.

no long epitaphs. just calling me "sexy" speaks volumes. no need for more. how do you spell relief.

5 or 10-word sentences comprise whole e-mails and while some would chafe at the brevity, i am reveling in the fact that a man can actually do what he says he's going to do. (maybe in fact, because it's so little.)

in person whole concepts are discussed somewhat obliquely but with precision of speech. blink twice & the topic is over. really, once you know the answers, what more is there to say? after you find out, it's time for action.

and, to my surprise, with mr. ny i have yet to discover incidence of overpromising or underperforming. or use of poor judgement in either. this is not only rare, but suitably appreciated due to the my recent innundation of words that meant so little.

i am a woman of few words, maybe because i write all day long at work. in real life, make your point or get lost.

i guess i like quickie conversations. in and out.

and it's done.

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

//Make your point or get lost.//

I want a sign for my desk that says this. =P

Please please tell me you are kidding about putting it in the dryer! I am such a laundry geek...