May 28, 2008

of birds & bees & flowers & trees

i don't often LOL at guys' dating profiles, but this one was just so "cute" i had to! this good-looking dental student or something writes of what he wants in a woman:

"I'm looking for a sweet, playful girl to accompany me in this - one who is as cute on the inside as she is on the exterior."

IMHO, this means a cute bitch. me, i don't think this describes me, so i wouldn't respond. does any girl think this describest her? yeah, probably not.

this is the part that kills me. in the question, where would you like to go on a first date, he says

"i'd really like to go for a walk in a park close by my place that has some really nice flowers and trees."

i'm LMAO.

[ROFL]

[still ROFL]

....

[still ROFL]

the last time i took a guy to the park - he got so bored he mentioned it when we broke up. :)

what exactly does a red-blooded man want to do at a park with nice flowers & trees? yeah, i see couples hanging out there all the time. but really, how sappy can you get. why doesn't he just say i wanna go anywhere that will get you in the mood - and fast - but still keep you looking cute!

[stops ROFL.]

oh duh.

i just got it. "close by my place."

NOW i get it!!!!

[starts ROFL again]

3 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

I'm afraid that without my Flonase, taking me for a walk in the park would interupt my cuteness in a hurry. Sneezing and blowing your nose constantly can not be considered cute.

Angie said...

I do believe men try to tell you what they think you want to hear. When in fact we want to hear, "Let's go soemwhere fun, laugh and have a great time and then maybe we can go some place close to your place ( or his )
(wink wink) They just do not get it!!!

Wendie Tobin said...

Now see? I viewed the "go to the park" suggestion as being code for "I'm cheap".