January 05, 2009

breathing it in

i have a guy very interested in me who calls every day and wants to hear about my life. he loves to make me laugh, tells me i'm awesome, and is spending hours researching what we're going to do while he is here.

for however long it lasts (my skeptic kicking in like an angry unborn child) i've hit the jackpot.

did i tell you that this guy is not only cute, and that is just super cool since i like cute guys with adorable smiles, he is also hispanic? which i have favored since i first visited central america when i was young. he also wasn't raised by his rather philandering father & upon my questioning (yes i know latin men) seems to embrace the monogamy idea - with more comfort than i have with it, it seems.

mr. busy is calling, trying to figure out why i haven't bought my plane ticket out to see him yet. i'm not sure about that. i've spent thousands of dollars on going to his area over the past few years & yet no offer to fly me out (as my doc has suggested he'd do). and i was advised by my mom's boyfriend not to see them both on the same trip. ok. i mean i would do that, but i do tend to listen to smart men...

so i haven't done anything about the feb trip & haven't returned mr. busy's calls yet. i will put him off until after my doc visits & then go from there.

i'm really not inclined to spend more money on a guy that doesn't want to hear about my day & how i am. i mean if you have your needs met with a cute available guy, why waste time with a cute not-available guy? i think mr. busy thinks he is going to be available in the near future & wants me to be around just in case.

but i don't have that kinda time. or interest. or money.

so i think i'll just see what happens...put your money where your interest is, that's what i say.

(oh wise me!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've read from some where that guys reveal themselves through actions; And, action speaks louder..

So that's why gals have to take it slow, so that gals can judge guys by their actions... If we (gals) take it too fast, we won't get to see how real the guys are for a committed relationship...

Violynist said...

true 'dat!