August 22, 2009

new guy II et. al.

i'm thanking my lucky stars that new guy I (aka the first) didn't want to date anymore. i went out with another guy last night, another online date, and it was just so fun. we'll call him mr. puerto rico.

he NEVER mentioned another girl once.

ok, so then he was sweet, talkative, liked people & we just hung out. and cried over the redsox. lol.

that was the perfect end to a stressful week. work is just insane with so much drama going on that i don't even know which end is up. but i am keeping on doing my work and my subject line is doing just great. my clients are happy and we are working on developing new business, and my product area is getting more robust all the time.

kitten is enjoying being indoors to a large extent. i manage to keep him busy eating, playing & being scratched as much as possible. he's just the funniest little thing. he recognizes me walking up the street to the house, even in the dark, and yowls blood murder. then when i get in the door, he runs off in less than 3 minutes to do something Very Important That My Arrival Distracted Him From and i don't see him again.

finally, weekend plans. yea. today i'm off to see a friend that is moving out of state, who will be my 5th facebook reunion. of people i haven't seen for 10 years or more. then maybe meet up with the girls at the pool. tomorrow i have another date with a new guy i meet at the meet up group last week. we'll meet at the meetup again & then branch off if we feel like it.

this no-baby thing is just so freeing. now i can date and sing la la la like babe (at the start of jingle bells) and not worry about nailing a guy to the wall. yea.

oh what a relief it is to finally (seem to) escape the biological clock.

No comments: