February 20, 2008

half & half

how do you date a guy half way when he's super crazy about you & says you're the only one he's pursuing? and writing you 4x/day (because you're writing back).

i might be super crazy about him back, but i'm not super crazy in general, and tend (big surprise) to be distrustful of unsolicited vows of celibacy by men.

there has been no discussion about what i'm doing or will plan to do, but supposing mr. possibility or mr. florida both show up in march, as they have indicated intent, i will need to remain a 3-man girl. or a 3-ring circus.

this is the first time i've really resisted jumping in with both feet. which of course will make me all the more attractive to him. but like i said, the fall from the initial pedestal isn't smoother anywhichway you make it.

i'm also not inclined, though i'm tempted, to try to lower myself on that pedestal. part of me wants to just say, btw, before you plan on sleeping over, which he would like, do you care if i can sleep at night or not? or that i sleep with, say, ice packs sometimes? or that i get up in the morning and, get up, as opposed to sleeping all day long?

but hey, who reads warning labels? i sure as hell don't. at the most, i'll cut them off. but half the fun is realizing how a product doesn't work like you think it will (especially if it's made in China) so i guess, why would i be any different?

anyhow, these things (like my chronic pain problem) are things one just has to find out. but part of me would like to just shorten the pedestal height at the outset so i don't fall so hard.

no can do.

so i remain half & half. which, according to the book of james, means that i'm unstable in all my ways. (but that is a man divided, what about a woman? hmmm.)

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think a woman divided is different than a man divided, based purely on the principle that a woman can multitask -- an activity that seem to make most of the men I know start to short circuit.

Violynist said...

nice, i like that idea! yes, i have an advanced degree in multi-tasking!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am bad at multitasking! I tried match.com right after my divorce (BIG mistake, but good to get out)and couldn't keep track of anything! Too confusing! I don't know how you do it! :)