January 21, 2009

urrgggh

my doc is feeling the need to point out things about me. this tends to come out without any warning & kind of shock me. not that he's wrong. it's kind of like reading agatha christie describe me. he's very good at it.

problem is - it's not sexy. it's killing my attraction to him. at least in that particular moment.

he then wanted to end the conversation & go work out & i was like hey wait, you started this conversation, we need to finish it. he was like well, i want to keep things light between us. i was like, light? i didn't start this topic.

so he had to run (on call) & i texted - hey let's talk tomorrow. so please. a request - before you want to tell me things that make me feel undesirable, please think hard 1st about how to say them in a loving way.

i've never really said things like this to a guy, but i think it averted an unhappy situation & also asked directly for what i want.

dude, be nice.

i'm super-sensitive to criticism so this will be a problem for me if it continues. we'll see what happens.

sigh.

he says we're still getting to know each other, so that's about where he's at with the whole thing. i am gonna just keep going with my life & try & forget about what's going on with him. if something goes on, he will need to make it happen b/c of course, now i'm getting scared.

urgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...Don't Cry Wolf...

"Do the men in our lives have to walk on eggshells in fear that something they say will set us off? Do they have to always be extra cautious in case we start yelling, crying, or giving them the silent treatment?"

more>> http://www.advicefromasingledatingexpert.com/advice-from-a-single-dating-experts-girlfriend/

I recommend you to read this article by Evan's girlfriend. :)