October 16, 2008

life goes on...

last night i did my first meetup (as in meetup.com) with the pool group. i am super shy, even though i don't look it, but sucked up my fear & went anyway. it was near the fenway & on the way over i stopped by the new bar that overlooks the field. way cool.

anyway.

had a great time! the peeps were awesome. we had an evenly matched team & kept switching partners amongst ourselves so no ones lost all the time. i got some new tips...hopefully will get better eventually. i'm the kind of player that at the beginning i'm good then my game slacks off. not sure what that is all about. but nobody really cared it was just fun.

on the way home i walked back to the t with a cardiologist & had a fun talk with him about real stuff (the economy yea!). it is a smart, nice group of folks.

i will go again!

this is super amazing for me. all of a sudden i realize - there are plenty of fish in the sea! and here i've been stuck in my little world hoping my guys would come around & love me like i want to be loved, while there are guys out there that i can just give the eye to & they're like hmmm. who are you? and they want me! then there are guys saying, hey, i didn't catch your name, how can i find you? i hope to see you again soon!

my boyz are just a puddle in the big sea of men!

it feels like i'm coming out of the dark. for so many years i've been insulated, or i've insulated myself. a lot through fear. but finally with new activities like this - than men will come out to, as opposed to dancing where guys don't really show up - i can have fun with no pressure.

i don't know if i'll go much, but at least it was an eye opener.

in other news, i resheduled my date for 2nite as i'm getting sick. he was very understanding and offered to plan the next one. yes. i was getting tired of trying to plan tonite. why do i let guys sucker me into planning? you want to meet, give me options, i'll pick. that's the way it should be done.

there are 3 or 4 other guys now that i want to meet. now that i've set up more stringent requirements on the dating site, it seems that i am getting better men.

or is it just that i'm now ready to meet them?

No comments: