October 17, 2008

kittytalk

i'm learning my kitty's language. slowly but surely.

mruh! - mruh!

this is the sound he makes when i wake him up in the morning to pet him.

i do this twice daily b/c he is alone all day & he has just spent the night alone on the porch. this way he gets his kitty loving all at once, so it will last him all day.

last night i tried letting him stay around me while i was sleepily listening to the redsox game & he kept waking me up by jumping up on me or walking across me. hence, the porch.

mrow. mroow. mrooow. (in front of the cupboard)

where is that canned food you used to buy me? or those treats? how are you eating fun food & i'm not?

mrrr-rrr! (upward inflection at the end)

ooh, i have an idea! i'm gonna go do something fun right now!

mroooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww (in front of the door)

why can't i go OUTSIDE?

mroow mrowwww mroooowwww mrooowww (following me around)

hey, stop what you're doing right now and LOVE ME! (it took me a while to figure this one out, but i think that's what this is...)

YYYYOOOOOOWWWWWW!

you stepped on my tail dammit! now LOVE ME you big loser!

mr- (followed by me saying the OW part

i'm about to BITE you. cuz i CAN!

that's as far as i've gotten. pretty good eh? i think it's not bad for kitty-translation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skertzo is adorable! But when he focuses.....scary!