February 08, 2008

the show goes on

last night i went to a concert with my dance partner. he's growing on me. not my type at all. 40ish, bald with mustache & earring. but smart, a gentleman & with similar interests. in fact so similar that i pretty much invited myself to the concert before he had a chance to ask me.

so i was sitting there during the concert with him & we were kinda sitting pretty close & i thought, hmmm. this is nice. "i could like this guy. he seems really nice."

then this little devil on my shoulder pokes me in my ear & i shout out "ouch!" right in the middle of the slow movement of...nah i'm just kidding. he actually whispers in my ear "so were all the others..."

so here i am back at work, with a band-aid on my ear (to cover it really so i can't hear him anymore) thinking, this time i really shouldn't just jump in with both feet & close my eyes. at least this time, i should probably keep them open?

damn it. no fun. but either way, you still get wet & at least with your eyes open you can at least see... now if i could just admit what i saw to myself, that would be helpful. ha.

oh well, baby steps.

No comments: