February 09, 2008

WTF?

ok, well, this blog isn't about the patriots. although it could be.

so i e-mail dance partner today & see if he wants to go watch a dance competition. he tells me he's doing something else. with my very sexy and soon to be single dance teacher.

then writes a whole paragraph about how attractive i am but that he can see i'm not into him. and how he doesn't want to hang out with me & for it to be just platonic anyway. and then states that he doesn't have time anyway to have a relationship. so declines to hang out with me outside of dance class.

at this point i'm very confused. i don't recall ever deciding that i'm not attracted to him. aka, my recent post. in fact i was thinking that hmmm. and sitting close to him at the concert.

i saw a moment of fear when i got out of his car & said goodbye. usually this happens with guys that want to kiss me goodbye, but don't dare. so i thought to myself, well, he must have thought about that, decided not to, & that's it. nothing unusual.

maybe it was.

you always wonder why people are alone. me, i suppose other people wonder it about me. is this why he's still single? i don't know.

my first response was to write back & say, well, i never said i wasn't attracted to you, in fact...my second was to just do nothing & think about it.

am i really attracted to him? am i not? does it matter? he himself said he was too busy for a relationship.

it seems to me, that like the last guy i dated, the one who remarked with surprise that he "wasn't bored!!!?" he's voting me off the stage on his own.

i was already thinking it would be awkward if something developed between us & we still met up dancing. now i know that since he's already decided it won't, i don't have to worry about that anymore.

well, life is interesting. men are interesting. perhaps he wanted me to be all over him. i'm not like that. if you're not willing to go through the "does she like me, does she not" stage, than it's probably better if you de-self-select. saves me doing it later.

or you.

2 comments:

Wendie Tobin said...

My theory was always as follows: If the guy doesn't have enough nerve to kiss you, it's a good indicator of how he will deal with other aspects of your relationship. I never had the time or inclination to "proclaim interest" in a man in an effort to make him feel more secure about himself.

Violynist said...

actually, that's a very helpful comment & i'm glad you made it. i will consider my lack of reaction justified - in the sense that i didn't respond at all to what he said.

i personally also prefer go-getter guys who have the nerve to just go for it & see what happens. or at least the ones who stick around for 3 dates...long enough for me to make it happen if they don't have the balls.