October 19, 2008

status

i'm supposed to meet 2 new guys this week.

one for monday night football at my favorite bar, we'll call him mike cuz that's his name.

the other one for ?? on thursday night. we'll call him john, cuz that's also his name.

we'll see how things go. it will be nice to obsess over some new guys for a change.

these guys managed to make the cut through my stringent online-dating screening. i now have posted that i will ask guys for proof of their relationship status (mwahahaha)and said don't even e-mail me if you are not commitmentwise & legally single as of the date of the e-mail.

in a funny story, one guy saw my post & totally got it. he wrote that he had gone out with this woman who was iffy about her status, etc. when he pushed her more, he figured out - her husband was his co-worker! she freaked out, making him promise not to tell. she was trying to decide whether to leave him or not.

yes, my status screening seems an uber cool idea. we'll see how well it works...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! If/when I start online dating I'll do the same.

Two Date Diva said...

Have fun!