October 05, 2008

financial crisis

well, my investments are down 7%. i'd say they've held up relatively well in spite of the crisis, so i have no particular complaints.

my job, that is another concern. my company is being sold. though fortunately i have achieved some seniority and notoriety there (in a good way i hope, lol) by being somewhat of a PR person for the firm so hopefully i'll be ok. as long as the company doesn't move out of town. however, if it does, i'd probably have more friends, there is always a bright side. :)

it's sad there are people that work outside the financial industry like to cry conspiracy & gloom & doom. me, i just wait to see what happens. i mean who wants to crow about all the jobs being lost? not me for sure! i don't particularly want to think about or discuss the current situation (as you can see from its absence in my blog) because it hits a little too close to home. it's like talking about problems in your family, you just eh, don't.

where i notice it is in my investments & not really until lately. i must be well diversified i guess. that is a good thing.

so maybe now is a good time to buy...i really should check out my 401k today. maybe i should make hay before the sun shines, lol.

No comments: